Sunday 28 June 2009

This time tomorrow.......

.........I should be in my car on the way to visit my friend Bilbowaggins. She lives in the Lake District and, although she is only about 130 miles away from me, according to the route planner it's going to take me 3 hours to get there. Crazy really, since my son lives about 180 miles away and it takes 2 1/2 hours to get to him. I guess the difference is motorways, since I am about 8 miles from the relevant one, and then he is only about 2 miles from the same one at the other end?

Now, here is my Handy Hint for today: when you are quilting and are feeling tired, do NOT attempt to do "one more pass/motif" cos then it's finished. You will only end up unquilting! Now ask me what I spent yesterday evening doing? At least I could do it while the Andy Murray match was on. He won, which I am sure was due to my support.

By the way, you remember my petrol consumption problem? Well, husband suddenly said to me, "have you checked your tyre pressures? That can make a difference" Checked tyre pressures? How do I do that? Course I haven't, that's what it goes in for servicing for isn't it? Well that and valeting. I wouldn't know if they were right or not and certainly don't know how to put air in/let it out if needed. I've never done that in my life. Spose I'm going to have to learn now aren't I?

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that what husbands are for???

    Sorry about the unquilting, that doesn't sound fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I meant to add, have fun with Bilbo, are you staying for a few days? Just you, or are you taking hubbie too? I'm sure you'll both have a great time, it's a gorgeous spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why doesn't Colin do it? or that couple that come and visit with the dog? The Nomads! I have never had to check my tyre pressures - 007 does that when he fills the car with petrol - never do that these days either - hands can't cope with the pumps!

    Sorry you had to unpick - was that todays 'lesson'? you learn something new every day after all!

    Good gracious where do they get these word checks from - HOTOPPON?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No it's just me going and I'm staying one night.

    Don't worry Sewing Granny, husband will do it today for me. As I said, I wouldn't know where to start, never done it in my life.

    As for those wordcheck things, I think some of them are great, and really deserve to be words in their own right.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10