Thursday 4 February 2010

Have you seen..........

............ this fabric?
My friend Bilbo, a quilter with the biggest stash in the world, is in desperate need of a yard or two of this. 

You can read more about her desperate plea on her blog here.  She's searched Quiltshops.com, most of the big stores and even googled, all to no avail, so now she's appealing to her quilting buddies.  Obviously, she's happy to pay the current price for it, so if anyone has some lurking around their sewing area that they don't want, please would you consider liberating it and sending it to here?

Since I feel a bit responsible, cos it was a comment from me that had her dig out some unfinished blocks that use this fabric, I thought I'd better send out an SOS too.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, I do feel sorry that I cannot help your friend Bilbo. I have lot of fabrics but not this one. Hope she will find it somewhere on this blogland - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully someone will come up with some and get you off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That you sweetie, you have so many friends and readers of your blog that I know it will help to widen the search like this. (and I'm not really holding you responsible - ha ha ha). Country Bumpkin found something which looked similar but when I contacted the retailer they were out of that colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are off the hook, somewhat. Guilt is a mighty force! lol! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue...sorry I can't help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope that Bilbo can find the fabric. Unfortunately, I don't have many florals, so I can't help her out. I'm sure with the wide call for help, someone will have the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid I haven't got any of that one - sorry! I think it's a great idea to send out an SOS in blogland - surely someone will have some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ihope she can find some if i had it she sure could have it. Thanks for you comment, I really like to sew so when ever I can find some time I will be in my sewing room. You have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so frustrating to be in the middle of a quilt top and need more fabric only to find it isn't available--ask me how I know *grin*

    I do hope that Bilbo can find what she needs. It looks like cheery fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment, I hope my daughter will post pictures for me. Thanks and happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure wish I could help her out.But I've not seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sure hopes she an find some . I know the feeling......

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10