Saturday 14 April 2012

Christmas QAL - Post 2

Well, here I am again.  All visitors are now safely back in their own homes and I've had a lovely time catching up with friends at Tuesday Quilters' exhibition.  Of course, me being me, as I drove over there I realised I'd forgotten my camera.  Never mind, I thought, I can take photos using my phone.  Nope.  I'd forgotten that too.  What a dope.  There were some lovely quilts there that I was hoping to share with you too.

Now I'm home, I've had a coffee, I'm about to visit you all and see what you've been up to while I haven't been watching you, then I'm going to spend the evening in my reclining chair, unsewing.  Last week, I started quilting my Christmas Wreaths quilt that I made last year.  I had to take it off the frame and take the frame down when our visitors were due, so we could use the conservatory as a reception room.  When I took the quilt off, I realised that the back was a mess.  Look at where the design is oversewing.
I don't really understand what's happening here, because the front looks OK,

but whatever is going on, I can't live with this, so, out with my BFF, The Seamripper, and I have 6 motifs to unpick this evening.

9 comments:

  1. Is it me, or do you not have a very good track record of remembering to take cameras to quilt events? {grin}.

    Much as I hate it when I have to unpick longarm quilting, I rationalise that it will only take an hour or two (or three, four, or five ...) which is very little compared to the many hours of use/life that the quilt will have.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Sue! I like Bilbo's words, though - they'd make me feel better, anyway. And on the plus side, as it is quilting on from the longarm, all the stitches will be the same size.

    Then again, I'm not the one going crosseyed with the unpicker this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate 'one step forward two steps back' when it happens to me so you have my sympathy. Probably by the time you read this all the stitches will out and you can redo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame about the camera, and a real shame about the 'unsewing' but it will be well worth it. I find unsewing is relaxing...oops, that means I do too much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! That is exactly what happened to me yesterday afternoon!!! looked just like that too. I turned my tension up (one full spin for my machine) and that did the trick.

    Now I didn't take the quilt off of the frame and bashed my head before I figured out where to sit under it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often forget my camera too. So many pictures I would like to have too. Your Lone Star is really beautiful. I also detest picking out stitches. Can't even imagine how difficult that must be with machine quilting. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a shame-it does look so nice on the front. I'd be like you-couldn't stand knowing it was like that on the back. Seam ripping is a chore though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've seen the Frog Stitcher Extradionere button on my blog haven't you? Shall I award it to you too?? LOL

    Hope you had fun doing the Rip-it, Rip-it, Rip-it dance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you managed all that reverse stitching, sometimes if you're just not happy nothing more will do! And i forgot my camera last week for an Open day too! :D Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10