Saturday 7 April 2012

Lone Star - more progress ...

I sewed my pairs together, and was very happy with how well the points of the diamonds matched.
Then I sewed my pairs together to make half stars, and was very happy with how well the points of the diamonds matched.
Then, I sewed my halves together, to make a complete star, and was very happy with how well the points of the diamonds matched.

Here it is: (sorry about the turned under point at the top.  Blame Mr Fixit, he spread it out on the floor for me.)

I watched a video from Fons and Porter that Mary over at Quilt Hollow told me about. I had to take a subscription to QNN tv before I could watch, but I think it was well worth it.  One useful tip they gave was to sew to within 1/4" of the ends of the sections, in order to help the centre lie flat (well that definitely worked) and also, they say that makes it easier to do the inset seams.  I don't know about that part yet, but I'll find out soon as that's the next stage.

All in all, I am delighted with this so far, and must say thank you to Jayne for hostessing today, which made me get up from my sick-bed, stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with it, and to all of you for your encouragement.  Now I'm off to see what the rest of you are up to today, then I'm going to watch some TV.  

12 comments:

  1. This is looking great Sue. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made great progress today! I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even under the weather you can produce a beauty! Well done! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous - even with the turned under point! Sorry to hear you're not well but hope you're better soon. I had an all day meeting today so didn't get to the sewing machine. I'll have to do some homework before next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fantastic! I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you mentioned that about sewing to the 1/4" point. You did a great job!

    Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bright and vibrant! Well done!

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great - nice color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you made so much progress after starting off feeling grotty.

    It's looking brilliant :}

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10