Monday 24 November 2014

Nearly there now ...

... this is what I've been doing while the conservatory has been out of action

and while I've been doing that, the conservatory has been redecorated, and we've moved some of the furniture back now

There's another cupboard coming on Friday, and, hopefully, the new blinds will be fitted in a couple of weeks.  Once the blinds are in I can start filling the cupboards, and then ... I will be able to sew again.  

Meanwhile, I am off to my friend Scrappy's for the day tomorrow and we're making name badges. The Yorkshire Modern Quilters Group we belong to are having a Christmas party next month, and everyone is making a name badge for another member, sort of a Secret Santa thing.  Anyone got any bright ideas for designs?  I haven't. 

On Saturday is the next meeting of the same group, and we're off to that too.  I'm so looking forward to getting back in the groove as I haven't touched any sewing since I got home from the quilt retreat last month.

11 comments:

  1. Well I guess at least it is the weather for knitting! I hope you find your sewing mojo when your room is back in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a cowl? I like it, especially the light look of it. Looks like your sewing space is going to be a beautiful haven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you can knit. You will love it when your room is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your conservatory is coming along nicely. Your knitting is also coming along nicely. I hope you find a good idea for the name tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your day with scrappy, have made the badge for ???? but not happy with it and not sure what I do about the hanging for it, please any suggestions, will be taking it with me saturday as I might not go next month, see you both there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you having withdrawal symptoms or is the knitting keeping them in check. Will the big one go up after Xmas for a workout too? Hope all is soon back together. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have my name I am a mad cat lady, if no you and I are both madly seeking inspiration. See you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your conservatory looks very cozy now, a great place to side and get absorbed in a book or knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you use fusible, you could make a name badge with a sewing machine on it and embroider the name on it as if it were the brand of sewing machine. If you used felt (you would have to stiffen it a bit) you could make the name tag in the shape of a sewing machine. You could also make up a paper pieced pattern of the name and do it into a little improv block. Your conservatory is looking so nice - it will be lovely to get back to sewing again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The studio is looking great! How did the name tag work out? I suppose you can't show a photo until you gift it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. well at least you are doing something :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so please do leave them and wherever possible I will reply to you by email.

09 10